There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best 7 string pickups for your guitar. The first is the style of music you want to play. If you’re looking for a heavier sound, then you’ll want to look for pickups that offer more output and distortion. If you’re looking for a cleaner sound, then you’ll want to look for pickups that have less output and distortion.
The second factor to consider is the type of guitar you have. If you have a 7 string guitar with a tremolo system, then you’ll want to make sure the pickups you choose will work with that system. If you have a 7 string guitar with a fixed bridge, then you’ll want to make sure the pickups you choose will work with that system.
The third factor to consider is the budget you have for your pickups. There are a lot of great pickups on the market, but they can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. If you’re on a tight budget, then you’ll want to look for pickups that offer a good value for the price.
The fourth factor to consider is the brand of pickups you want to buy. There are a lot of great brands out there, but it’s important to do your research and make sure you’re buying from a reputable company.
The fifth factor to consider is the sound you’re looking for. Every pickup will have its own unique sound, so it’s important to try out a few different ones before you decide which one is right for you.
The sixth factor to consider is the installation. Some pickups are easy to install, while others require a bit more work. If you’re not comfortable installing pickups yourself, then you’ll want to look for pickups that come with easy-to-follow instructions.
The seventh and final factor to consider is the warranty. Some pickups come with a limited warranty, while others come with a lifetime warranty. If you’re planning on keeping your guitar for a long time, then you’ll want to buy pickups that come with a lifetime warranty.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases
Follow This Table For Choosing The Right on For The Best 7 String Pickups
Review of The10 Best 7 String Pickups Reviews with Features
- Forged to fathom the deepest of metal tunings, the Nazgûl and Sentient Set's searing highs, grinding midst and tight bass define modern metal.
- Meets the demands of the heaviest extended range players
- Tight and defined riffs await
- 7-string Humbucking Pickup Set with Omega Bridge Humbucker Alpha Neck Humbucker
- For 7-string electric guitar, neck/bridge position. It fits many electric guitars which need open style humbucker
- Genuine Wilkinson parts, M Series, made in China. This pickup is wax potted
- This pickup will deliver the tight bass frequencies that these guitars demand and still give you the focused sound you need on the high strings
- Magnet: Ceramic; D.C. Resistance: Neck 9.75-10.25K, Bridge 19.15-20.15K. Black wire is ground, white wire is hot, 4 conductors, can be split coil.
- Package included: 2 Pieces Pickups. Note: Our screws maybe will not fit your usage, please use your own if you can
- 1 Ceramic pickup (Bridge position), 1 Alnico pickup (neck or middle position)
- All components required to achieve Tosin’s wiring scheme (minus pickup selector)
- Volume and tone pots
- Push-pull voice selector Pot for use in volume or tone position
- All wiring required for installation
- 7-String Humbucker Bridge Pickup
- Black^Ceramic Bar Magnet^Includes Trim Ring^Four Conductor Wiring^DC Resistance 16.5k
- Pole-pieces: Big Hex Adjustable Screw
- Bobbin: Plastic
- Magnet: Ceramic Bar
- Resistance: 8.8k for Neck . 14.2k for Bridge
- Package Will be shipped by USPS from China. should be arriving in 7-15 working days!
- Original and totally re-imagined, Fishman Fluence pickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups.
- Modern Humbucker Alnico: All the musicality, power and explosiveness of alnico
- Full chords and fluid solos, plus a voice you’ve never heard in a humbucker
- Great in both positions, or commonly paired with a Ceramic Bridge pickup
- One Bridge Pickup,and one Neck Pickup,string distance is 52mm and 55mm.
- GD, CR resistance: 8.8K / 17.2K.
- It is suitable for 7 String Electric Guitar.
- These are passive pickups.
- Genuine AllParts Item
- Headless fanned fret pickup for 7 strings guitars. We applied vacuum wax potting to prevent microphonic noise.
- This guitar fan fret pickup provides enhanced treble frequency, full harmonics, sustain and classic bright clear sound.
- Good guitar replacement/upgrade part.
- Suitable for bridge and neck position.
Important Aspects to Consider When Choosing 7 String Pickups
When looking for the best 7 string pickups, it is important to keep in mind the style of music you play. If you are a metalhead, you will want to look for active pickups that can handle high gain. If you play jazz or other styles of music that require a clean sound, you will want to look for passive pickups. There are also 7 string pickups that are designed specifically for drop tunings.
The coils of the pickups also play a role in the sound. Single coil pickups are great for clean sounds, but can be noisy when playing with high gain. Humbucker pickups are great for high gain, but can sound muddy when playing clean.
When choosing 7 string pickups, it is also important to consider the string spacing. If you have a wide-neck guitar, you will need to get wide-spaced pickups. If you have a narrow-neck guitar, you will need to get narrow-spaced pickups.
Finally, consider the price when choosing 7 string pickups. Active pickups tend to be more expensive than passive pickups. If you are on a budget, you may want to consider passive pickups.
In general, the best 7 string pickups are active pickups that are designed for high gain. If you play clean sounds, you may want to consider passive pickups. Consider the string spacing and price when making your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best 7 string pickups?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on your personal preferences and what type of sound you are looking for. However, some popular choices among 7 string guitarists include EMG 707 and DiMarzio D Activator 7.
2. What are the differences between 7 string pickups?
There are a few key differences that set 7 string pickups apart from their 6 string counterparts. Firstly, they are generally wider in order to accommodate the extra string. Secondly, they often have a more powerful output to accommodate the lower frequencies produced by a 7 string guitar.
3. How do I choose the best 7 string pickups for my guitar?
Again, this is a personal preference and depends on the type of sound you are looking for. However, we recommend doing some research on different pickups and finding ones that have good reviews from other 7 string guitarists. You can also ask your guitar technician for advice on which pickups would be best for your guitar.
Based on the best 7 string pickups, it can be concluded that they are great for those who want to add more depth and power to their sound. They are also perfect for those who play heavier styles of music.