Aquariums are a beautiful addition to any home, office, or public space. They provide a serene and calming environment that can boost moods and create a sense of well-being.
Maintaining an aquarium can be a bit of work, however, especially when it comes to keeping the water clean and free of harmful bacteria. One way to help make aquarium maintenance a bit easier is to invest in a quality auto top off system.
Auto top off systems help to keep the water level in an aquarium at a consistent level, which can help to prevent evaporation and make water changes a breeze. These systems can also help to keep the water quality high by automatically adding fresh water as needed.
There are a variety of different auto top off systems available on the market, so it is important to do some research to find the best one for your needs. With a quality auto top off system in place, you can relax and enjoy your aquarium worry-free!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases
Follow This Table For Choosing The Right on For The Best Auto Top Off System Aquarium
Review of The10 Best Auto Top Off System Aquarium Reviews with Features
- 💧💧【Simple, Complete, Smart Automatic Top Off System】 aquarium automatic water supply system, super easy installation and maintenance. Suitable for aquariums up to 5/8"(16mm) thick, durable PC material holder to prevent move, adjustable bracket on holder make different water levels possible.
- 💧💧【Relay Control】 precise dual float water level sensor for overfilling protection. When the water goes below the minimum water level , the power will be activated, the pump automatically works, and cut off once the water level reach to maximum. The second float ball will work when the first float ball fails.It can effectively avoid the influence of wrong information and is more reliable than other sensors.
- 💧💧【Siphon Break】 The siphon break is optional installation part. It is recommended that the water level of display tank be higher than the reservoir, and DON’T leave the end of the water supply pipe in the water, otherwise, it will siphon after the pump shuts off, if so the siphon break must be installed at the end of the water supply pipe.
- 💧💧【Plug-and-Play with all parts included】 Everything you need is included, it will also come with a pump and a ETL listed power adapter. Safely keep sump water levels stable, no moving parts that can fail.
- 💧💧【Widely Used】Suitable for all kinds of fish tanks, aquariums, sumps, etc. The range of water level from aqurium sump top is 0-17cm or 0-6.7".Suitable for aquariums up to 5/8"(16mm) thick, save you a lot of time to enjoy your life. The Smart ATO Complete Kit will never make water overflow your tank, it is especially suitable for the sump with a lot of evaporation. 12 month warranty!
- Compact size - the entire optical sensor unit ONLY 0.8 inches diameter. The unit works on rimmed and rimless tanks, and as well as sump tanks. The dual precision optical sensors are 0.1 cm apart, which enables it to monitor the level fluctuation precisely (less than 0.6cm difference)
- New and Improved Features - Upgraded ETFT (Extra Time Filling Technology), AFT (Anti-fluctuation Technology), and QST 2.0 (Quick Security Technology). With all these new upgrades combined, our ATOs are far superior and safer. ETFT recognizes your tank size after it first initialized. Working alongside the ETFT, the AFT will be able to decide how long it takes to refill your tank without over-filling it when the QST alarm is triggered.
- QST 2.0 provides real-time protection against overfilling and pump dry run. The controller will give a visual alert and stop the pump immediately when it senses a refilling time more than 6 times longer than the time calculated by ETFT. QST can detect a malfunction of the sensor/controller or even an empty reservoir.In version 2.0 we incorporate ETFT feature and not relying on first filling time from version 1. Flooding barely happens when following the instructions carefully.
- Everything you need is included in the package. Powerful magnet supports 15mm thick glass wall. Check valve prevents water from back flowing from the tank. Hose holder allows you easily secure the tubing. Powerful 70gph water pump can lift water up to 2.5 m high.
- WARRANTY - 1 year free warranty covers ATO controller, refilling pump, power adapter.
- The smallest ATO system currently available/Suitable for nano / medium aquariums
- Extremely easy to install with integrated magnetic mount / No moving parts to fail
- Dual-optical level sensor in one pack provides dual protection
- QST (Quick Security Technology) provides real-time failsafe protection against failure
- LED light alert / Everything needed is included
- Compact size. The dual optical sensors system monitors your tank water levels closely for over-fills. When the sensor sees water level at "LOW" position, it starts filling the tank immediately. The “HIGH" sensor provides real-time protection against over-fills. The platinum model uses advanced external optical which can detect the water level through the glass wall on the outside. There are no more loose cables inside the tank.
- Smart algorithms. AFT (Anti-fluctuation Technology) and SPT (Single Pumping Time) working together in tandem to ensure the pump works in real-time to add the right amount of water. At the same time, SPT and QST working together to prevent overfill and dry run. Having these features, our pumps will last longer
- Built-in LED indicator, smart button and alarm buzzer. equipped with a smart button, you can pause the ATO's function temporarily when you perform maintenance on your tank. 3 different LED colors to indicate its working status. When errors happen, buzzer sets off alarms to remind you.
- Accessories are included. Powerful magnet provides strong suction support even on 15mm thick glass wall. Hose holder allows you easily secure the tubing. Powerful 70gph water pump can lift water up to 2.5 M high. Device is easy to use. After finishing device initialization, you can forget about it.
- Attention! The optical sensor ONLY works on transparent glasses. If your tank is not transparent, you need to choose our basic model ATO-360. It is designed for both rimless and rimed tank. The device’s overall width is 1.2 inches long. The target water lever is between "LOW" and "HIGH" positions, so the target line must be 0.4 - 0.6 inches from the edge of the tank.
- Kamoer's new upgraded ATO one 2 se automatic water refill is a great addition to your home fish tank! It has a water refill timeout alarm function to prevent water level overflow due to sensor failure.
- This ATO is equipped with: S1: Optical level sensor to identify water refill, S2(not included,optional sensor): Refill bucket level sensor, S3: Optical level sensor to prevent overflow, DC12V: power input, Pump: connect to refill pump or refill solenoid valve, Power: power indicator (green), Filling: refill indicator (blue), Alarm: alarm indicator (red). Power: power indicator (green), Filling: fill indicator (blue), Alarm: alarm indicator (red)
- In normal daily use, S3 sensor does not work, S3 is installed in the high used to prevent overflow, to play a role of protection. S1 is is to detect the lowest water level sensor, used to identify the refill water. S2 is the refill bucket level sensor, to prevent the refill bucket shortage of water.
- Compared to the old ATO, we have upgraded two parts of this ATO. 1. replaced the original submersible pump with a new anti-dry submersible pump. 2. replaced the new sensor, the new ATO uses a more accurate optical level sensor more responsive, which can effectively reduce the generation of faults.
- Please install the sensor correctly (there is a picture illustration in the main picture), ATO may malfunction will not work. The height difference between the refill bucket and the bottom/master cylinder should not exceed 1.5 meters, and the refill bucket level should not be higher than the bottom/master cylinder level as much as possible .
- JEBAO ato,smart aquarium automatic top off system,water level controller for fish tank,
- With 42gph DC12Vquiet pump,5 ft max lift,silent water replenisher
- 6.5ft soft tube with tube holder ,with siphon break and magnet mount sensor ,tank thickness up to 1/2" (12mm)
- Automatic water refill and quiet operation,suitable for salt water and fresh water
- Use smart magnet mount optical sensor,LED light alert,
- the Duetto is the perfect ATO for your aquarium
- Great for nano tanks, use with the principle of differential pressure to automatically refill water, simple and practical. You need to prepare 0.5-1.5L (16.9-50.7 FL Oz) plastic water bottles such as EVAIN / Coca Cola / Fiji yourself.
- Built-in noise reduction device can effectively reduce noise. (Note: not completely silent).
- Screw-free, no damage to the tanks. Made of corrosion-resistant ABS material, which is also usable in saltwater. The length of the tubing (manually cut) allows you to adjust the water level.
- Suitable for tanks with 3-10mm /0.12-0.39in wall thickness. Note: Incompatible with rimmed tanks and curved fish tanks; and tanks with 3mm/0.12in or 5mm/0.2in thickness wall need to use the self-adhesive gasket (included).
- A reliable gadget during business trips or travel. Compatible with fish tank, tortoise tank, planted aquarium, saltwater aquarium, etc. For tanks longer than 40cm/16inch, it is recommended to use 2 refillers together.
- ◕‿ ◕💛 Simple, complete, Smart Automatic Top Off System, aquarium automatic water supply system, super easy installation and maintenance. Suitable for aquariums up to 5/8"(16mm) thick, durable PC material holder to prevent move, adjustable bracket on holder make different water levels possible.This auto water filler suitable for fish tank, statuary pond, aquarium, hydroponic.
- ◕‿ ◕💜 Relay control, Smart ato System precise dual float water level sensor for overfilling protection. When the water goes below the minimum water level , the power will be activated, the pump automatically works, and cut off once the water level reach to maximum. The second float ball will work when the first float ball fails.This automatic water top off system will help you controll the water level reliabelly.
- ◕‿ ◕🐠 Siphon break. The siphon break is optional installation part. It is recommended that the water level of display tank be higher than the reservoir, and DON’T leave the end of the water supply pipe in the water, otherwise, it will siphon after the pump shuts off, if so the siphon break must be installed at the end of the water supply pipe.
- ◕‿ ◕❤️Plug-and-Play with all parts included. Auto Top Off System has everything you need is included, this auto top off system will also come with a pump and a ETL listed power adapter. Safely keep sump water levels stable, no moving parts that can fail.
- ◕‿ ◕🍀 Our smart ato water controller system is suitable for all kinds of fish tanks, aquariums, sumps, hydroponics etc. Fish Tank Sump Water Filler Refiller`s the range of water level from aqurium sump top is 0-17cm or 0-6.7".Suitable for aquariums up to 5/8"(16mm) thick , save you a lot of time to enjoy your life. The Smart ATO Complete Kit will never make water overflow your tank, it is especially suitable for the sump with a lot of evaporation. 12 month warranty!
- 【How does it Work】Automatic top off system with 2 optical sensors monitors and replenishes evaporated water each day. A great time and energy saver for saltwater tank fish keeper especially when you are not at home.
- 【Fail-Safe Design】build in two set of sensors, hygger auto top off keeps track of the water line of aquarium/sump tank. ATO monitoring sensor which keep a constant watch on the water level in your tank, and when it drops below a certain level and the water pump will be activated to automatically refill the tank. While the external sensor monitors reservoir's water level to ensure the water pump not running dry as a result of water drying out.
- 【Overfill Protection】Use a top probe to sense the high water level, the ATO sensor alerts with flashing led light and beeping sound if there is any malfunctioning with the device itself, auto shut off the water pump when the water level exceeds the desired maximum top off level. It to be used in both marine and freshwater aquariums up to 60 gallon.
- 【Enable Drain Out Water】 Comes with a mini DC-powered water pump and a soft hose which can effectively pumps water from bucket/jug with a head height of up to 2 meters. Vice versa. It can also drain dirty water out of the tank. Flow rate: 74gph.
- 【Packing Include】 1 x ATO monitor sensor; 1 x external sensor; 1 x water pump; 1 x 5.9 ft soft hose; 1 x hose holder; 1 x user manual. A read-to-go kit out of box, it is easily installed via a magnetic mounting which can be used on tank glass up to 1/2'' (12mm) thickness.
Important Aspects to Consider When Choosing Auto Top Off System Aquarium
An auto top off system is a great way to keep your aquarium water level consistent and your fish healthy. They are easy to install and can be used with both fresh and salt water tanks. Here are some things to consider when choosing the best auto top off system for your aquarium.
The first thing you need to consider is the size of your aquarium. Auto top off systems are available in a variety of sizes, so it’s important to choose one that will fit your tank. If you have a small aquarium, you may not need a large system. However, if you have a large aquarium, you’ll need a system that can handle the extra water.
There are two main types of auto top off systems: gravity-fed and pump-fed. Gravity-fed systems use a float valve to control the water level, while pump-fed systems use a submersible pump to keep the water level consistent. Both types of systems are effective, but pump-fed systems are typically more expensive.
When choosing an auto top off system, there are a few features to look for. One is a low-water shut-off, which will prevent the system from overfilling your aquarium. Another is a leak detector, which will shut off the system if it detects a leak. Finally, you’ll want to choose a system that is easy to install and use.
An auto top off system is a great way to keep your aquarium water level consistent and your fish healthy. They are easy to install and can be used with both fresh and salt water tanks. When choosing an auto top off system, be sure to consider the size of your aquarium, the type of system, and the features you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I top off my aquarium?
It is generally recommended to top off your aquarium once a week.
2. How much water should I add each time I top off my aquarium?
You should add enough water to replace the water that has evaporated since your last top off.
3. What are the benefits of using an auto top off system?
An auto top off system can help to maintain consistent water levels in your aquarium, which can help to keep your fish healthy and your aquarium looking its best.
If you are looking for the best auto top off system for your aquarium, the Aqua Gadget Auto Top Off System is the way to go. This system is easy to install and use, and it will help you keep your aquarium water level topped off automatically.